My First DIY Experience

It's not a fictitious tale but my own story. I went to New York for living. I got my first job there. As I had no one there, I spent 3-4 days in a hotel and then I searched for a home. That home was very small and I couldn't afford a big space home as it was my first job and my salary was not that much too. Now things have got changed, I'm well to do, and have enough to spend wherever I want. But those were the days when we had to think so many times before spending a small amount of money. After a long time, I was thinking about those days, suddenly an incident came into my mind that some of my office colleagues were coming to my home and they will definitely see all my stuff which was not set properly. And also there was a problem that where would keep that all stuff as I had a small space house. This could be embarrassing for me if they see my small space living area which is not set properly, as a good person keep. I thought to share my story with all my loving people now. If they read my blog I don’t know what would they think but anyway, this is a story of everyone some express and some don’t. By the way one of them is still with me, as my wife.

So what happens?

I don't remember the date actually but it was Sunday. My office mates decided to go to the club and they asked me as well. I said yes but I had no car so they told me that we will pick you up from your home. I was happy but there was a problem if someone is nearer to your home you will definitely have to ask him to come to your home. If they refuse, no matter but you have to ask him once. And the problem was what if they accept my proposal. I don't remember the date actually but it was Sunday. My office mates decided to go to the club and they asked me as well. I said yes but I had no car so they told me that we will pick you up from your home. I was happy but there was a problem if someone is nearer to your home you will definitely have to ask him to come to your home. If they refuse, no matter but you have to ask him once. And the problem was what if they accept my proposal. For that, I have to be ready but It was a small space house and I had so much that can't be kicked out and can't be shown as well. We always think about DIY that really helped me that day. 

I purchased a bed skirt and I had a brand new white bedding in a bag set I purchased online before. I kept all the stuff under the bed and wrapped a bed skirt. If you are thinking about how to use wrap around bed skirt it is very easy. I used white bedding that day and that gave an amazing luxurious look to my bed. It was 100% cotton and cotton fibers are soft which makes our bed more attractive. Under my bed, I set a series of lights it had 7 or 8 color bulbs and they were switching off and on one by one. My bed skirt was white, with bulbs lighting it was also changing its color and giving decorative look to my bed. I dimed the lighting of my room so things got unclear and also that was giving the appearance and ambiance of a club. 

white bedding in a bag


         
white bedding in a bag

I did this all day and clear my whole house and you know what had happened after this? 

It was evening… they came to me, instead of coming in they called me out, picked me and we came back late at night so they all were in hurry to reach their home. They refused to come to my house and promised me they will come some other day. After some days, one girl visited my house and appreciated my decoration. In few months I changed my house and went to a big apartment there also that girl visited as she became my best friend. Now I have my own house and she is still with me but as my wife and now she decorates my house. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fabrics

Home Decorating Tips that You Should Know

How to Design your New Bedroom